Thursday, September 5, 2013

musings

I'm in a strange place right now.  We still feel the heat of summer but all the responsibilities of fall.  I really just want to head to the pool and forget everything for the day, but I have school pick-ups, dinner, homework, and baseball ahead of me still.  So for a few moments I'm savoring Pinterest and falling in love with art again.  I found some boards of illustrations that I just love.  I've saved them for Natalie (and probably really myself, and maybe Ben and sometime Hallie)  to let our imaginations run free with.  This reminds me of Hallie so very much...
I'm still working on this place of having a preschooler along with older ages and very different interests.  I do enjoy Hallie's age so much.  Her new ballet class is the cutest thing I've maybe ever seen.  My heart feels so full watching the girls with high buns, messy ponytails, or tight curls dance ( I use this verb loosely) around in their little pink tutus and ballet shoes.  Then I have a new 3rd grader, middle schooler, and for now we have sweet Sophie (with us from Germany) in high school.  I love all of these ages for different reasons, but it's something that I'm working on to have my head in all of these different places- ages- interests- emotions- schedules (!).
This summer has rejuvenated me and left me in a bit of a dreamy state.  I let schedules go and chores relax and I so enjoyed my kids and let my imagination roam.  We listened to and read books, we played on the beach, we learned through adventures.  This is why I think I was in a state of shock when school started again, and I wanted to dig in my heels ( in sand preferably), and refuse to begin all the strictness of a school year schedule.  After a few weeks of adjusting and reflecting on summer and how it's filled my heart I think I'm ready now.... here comes fall, and I'm thankful for new seasons.
I found this verse this summer and love it so much.  I see a woman that is free and so happy, and I imagine what we all could do if we lived without fear.  "She is clothed in strength and dignity and laughs without fear of the future." Proverbs 31:25

No comments:

Post a Comment