Friday, January 4, 2013

more of this

My brain has gone a little fuzzy with all the Christmas excitement and activity, then post-Christmas cleaning and organizing, then packing for Jacksonville, vacationing, coming back.  Now, seemingly, all of a sudden I'm back in a whole new year.  The only resolution I'm making this year is to just enjoy.  To put  down the dishes or vacuum or paintbrush or whatever it may be and enjoy my husband and my kids.  I don't want to miss the moments that they want me to just hold them or tell me a story.   



Our visit to Jacksonville was so fun and special.  After hearing my dad talk up the fort in St. Augustine every year on the way to visit my grandparents I finally got to see it for myself.  I texted him while we were there and wrote "Point for Papa.  This place is awesome!" My sister's boyfriend's kids are a total dolls and a total riot.  When we stood overlooking the ocean, atop the fort, Kendall stood there in amazement and said, "Holy Christmas nuts!" in her tiny, excited voice.  And really how cute is she all bundled like a snowman?!  I also got to drink in a little HGTV.  We canceled our cable earlier this year in an attempt get our kids outside more than on the couch (it worked), but I do miss HGTV so when I walked by the TV at Ali's, and House Hunters was on I just forgot what I was doing and sat there.  For an hour.  Yeah, we needed to cancel it for me too.
 Although it wasn't as warm as I hoped FL would be it was so nice to just walk to the beach and breathe in the salty air and listen to the wind and waves.  My sister and I spent a little time one night watching the full moon shine on the ocean as the waves rolled in. It was magic and made so much more special spending precious time with my sis. When hugging goodbye I always hold back tears and tell myself I'll see her again before too long, but I feel like it's punishment to be that far from people you love.  

The best parts of 2012 were filled with reading books, cooking pretend and real food together, laughing, little voices singing, exploring, playing with friends, some really good dates (Blackberry Farm- sigh) with my love, snuggles, our little trips (mainly to the park, library, and zoo), and enjoying each other.  So that is what I want for 2013- more of this.

No comments:

Post a Comment