Friday, October 19, 2012

the punkin' patch

Hallie has, out of the blue, been obsessed with the "puckin pach".  I have no idea where she heard about it, but it's all she can talk about.   Even more amazingly she says it clear as a bell while most of her other words are muddled so only those close to her understand.  So I've been pretty excited to see what she actually thought of the p.p., and the other kids were begging for a corn maze trip.  I was thinking of going yesterday even though it was pouring rain on and off, but due to a variety of circumstances I instead had a mani/pedi sponsored by Mav and Ris (my brother and his girlfriend).  So today readied with fall colored nails of deep apple red and raisin we set off for a farm farther away than I planned, but with way more fall fun than I imagined.






We had the most beautiful and perfect fall weather.  The kind that makes you want to singggg. :) Actually, Ris and I might have broken out into a little Pocahontas "Colors of the Wind" while the orange, red, and yellow leaves fell all around us.  Moving on... This farm had it all and all for one really good price, so they will be getting our business next year for sure.  The had a big corn maze, a kid corn maze, bouncing things, a petting zoo, slides, ice cream that looked like it came from heaven, a climbing hill, and best of all we were rewarded with a covered wagon hay ride to the pumpkin patch of all pumpkin patches.  It was beautiful, orange-colored sea of happiness for Hallie.  I mean I don't understand it, but the girl loves those little gourds.  I maybe possibly got a little too into the seasonal spirit and considered buying a pilgrim outfit they were selling there.  Ris thought I meant for Halloween but I said um no for Thanksgiving.  And then we both had a really good laugh because I had been serious about it for a minute.  So now after being seriously amped on fall fun my little ones are now snug in their beds with visions of pumpkins dancing in their heads, and I'm headed there too.  Happy Fall!

No comments:

Post a Comment