Tuesday, October 30, 2012

my kids make me laugh

Last night I was helping Ben with his homework while Natalie did Study Island homework on the computer.  So I hear from the other room, "Mom, can you help me with this? I don't really know what a comma splice is."  Then Ben looks at me and asks what she said and I said "comma splice".  So he looks at me carefully and holds out his hand straight and chops the air.  He says, "This is simple it's a slice. The common slice is when you just cut it right down the middle."

Then another day we are at the library and Hallie walks right up to the librarian and says "Hola!".  She just loves Dora, so I'm not surprised that she says things in Spanish but it cracks me up that she uses Spanish words more than English words.  One night M was even calling me from the kitchen saying, "Quick tell me how to say "close" in Spanish" b/c she wouldn't close the fridge.  Also, after having two kids that have been pretty shy I am amazed at how fearless Hallie is.  At the library story time she is practically sitting in the lap of the man reading the books, and she shouts with excitement at the turn of every page.  I have to keep picking her up and putting her back in her place on the rug while she shoots me this super annoyed look.  But when she not disrupting things I love to see her happy, outgoing personality shine through.  I took the girls to Sweet Frogs (froyo) a few weeks ago, and they had a giant Sweet Frog (well person in a Japanimation looking girl frog costume) standing outside.  She ran right up to it and gave it the biggest most loving hug like it was a long lost friend.  She also super loves Llama Llama books (as in Llama Llama Red Pajama).  So everything is Llama this and Llama that.  So I've found the best way to get her to cooperate with me is to have her pretend that she is Little Llama and I'm Mama Llama.
Natalie makes me laugh too, but her humor is becoming increasingly mature.  Not that she tells dirty jokes or something like that (ha), but she just keeps impressing me with how much she knows about the world around her.  I will only mention that she has a crush once and I won't tell his name.  She won't tell a soul at school (including him) that she has this crush, so she makes me laugh with the antics of keeping it a secret.
So besides being amused by my kids I'm looking forward to the holidays and DIYing.  We made ornaments (painted ornaments) this week I saw on Pinterest that turned out so pretty, and I made H a little canvas for me to put her Bible verse cards she gets at Sunday school every week.

2 comments:

  1. first of all beautiful family and beautiful blog!!! I wanted to email you but couldnt find your email address! but the texture that I use on the canvas is a heavy body acrylic and sand combo!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you thank you Casey!!! You rock!!

      Delete