Wednesday, September 5, 2012

hope and grace and wedding pics

It's been an interesting week.  One of those weeks where I don't have advice for my kids, but just have to say something like "I'm sorry sometimes life/people are hard". A week that has involved tiny bugs, many, many washings, doctor appts., and a student council election that didn't go the way we would have liked. But alas, there is hope in this verse I found (again) and suddenly my (our) temporary troubles don't seem like such a big deal.
 2 Corinthians 4:16-18
16 Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day.17 For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. 18 So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen, since what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal.

I also wanted to say that I posted somewhere around last Christmas or right after about making this year about praying bigger, hoping bigger, and it just hit me in these past weeks how God has answered my prayers.  It's been a really amazing year because I have learned so much about God and His truths and promises.  I've been reading Francine Rivers' Lineage of Grace, and I really wish I could shout from the rooftops how huge God's grace is, and that right when you think you've read a Bible story and it doesn't relate to you and all then BAM it hits you that you are this person in one way or many. The Bible tells the stories of several women who were not only saved by God's grace BUT became women in the lineage of Jesus; Tamar who dressed like a prostitute and slept with her father-in-law (Judah), Rahab who was a prostitute, and Ruth who was a Moabite and left her gods and her ways to follow her mother-in-law (Naomi, a Jew) into the unknown. I've been unimpressed with these stories for years until I really put myself into their shoes, and saw their desperation and the hope they found in crying out to God. 
On another note... I'm throwing in here some pics from a wedding Michael, and Natalie, and I just went too. We had so much fun dancing, and the cake was hand down the best cake we've ever tasted!  


No comments:

Post a Comment