Thursday, August 23, 2012

art

Natalie's birthday is coming up, and I've painted her something for her birthday every year since she turned 5.  I thought this would both be an inexpensive present and also something that would help me record what she was interested in that year.  It's funny the first year I did this it was a girl riding a horse with the pendant flags, and five years later I did something similar without meaning to.  The art has gone from little girlish to tweenish over the past 5 years, and I'm enjoying thinking up paintings that embrace where she is at each year.  This is loosely based on something I saw on the Pottery Barn teen website.  The painting on the left is me experimenting with newspaper and letter stickers.  The newspaper and stickers kept tearing so I had to use a paint marker to cover up mistakes, but I think it turned out cute.

No comments:

Post a Comment