Monday, May 14, 2012

give my regards to broadway

This always happens. I look forward to a getaway for weeks and weeks and then it flies by and I'm home wondering what in the world just happened to me...and, in this case, wondering what happened to the beautiful city scape outside my window, my view of the New Year's ball, and the pretty twinkling lights to put me to sleep. And I miss my husband who is back at work instead of touristing with me. But then, as always, I notice new things about my normal life like when did Hallie's hair get so long, or (as I noticed when I checked in on Ben after he fell asleep) when did his legs start reaching that far down the bed?? My ideas for activities with the kids and meal plans have been reinvigorated, but I know I will be wistfully replaying every moment (except when the falafel made me feel awful) over the next week and slightly mourning that the vacation is over as I get on with my regular life. Sigh. :) I will highlight going to see Wicked on Broadway (at the Gershwin) for our 10th (!!!!) anniversary and our dinner at Natsumi before. If you go to NYC please see Wicked- it's so so so fabulous. I absolutely loved going for pizza with Julie and her family at Lombardi's in Little Italy. I miss her and them so much, and I'm so happy I got to meet baby Elise while we were there! I think M's favorite was Top of the Rock, and I have to say it's a pretty fantastic view! Then there was Ground Zero, Wall St., Dylan's Candy Bar (b/c Serendippity's wait was way too long), the Staten Island Ferry, Central Park, the Museum of Nat. History, Grand Central Station, and some shopping... This was all in just two and a half days so we were a bit travel weary! Thank goodness for photos because otherwise I might be thinking it was all just a really good dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment