Tuesday, November 29, 2011

tidings of comfort and joy



I knew it would happen like this....we would be busy with our lives plus Lina being here and then when she left BOOM the Christmas season would be here. Now we scarcely got through October without the kids convincing me to put the tree up, and we've had our Christmas cards sitting here for a few weeks already plus we even went to the Fantasy of Trees, but it hasn't FELT like Christmas until these last few days. One- being in the midst of holiday travel at the airport with carols blaring started it off, but then when we came home and the weather turned frigid (by Southern standards) that's what really made it real. I've spent the past two days snuggling up with my warm baby, wrapping gifts, and pulling my house back together after the Thanksgiving/packing Lina up chaos. We miss our Lina Lou and I find myself often calculating the time in Germany, but I'm happy to know she's safe back at home with her family and friends again. I don't think either of us will forget how special her time here was, and I think we learned a lot from each other. And now we have family in Germany, so how cool is that?! I would really love to visit someday and go see my friend Beth in Austria...if only the tickets weren't oh $1,300.
So here's to this beautiful season and wishing you all warm hearts and full bellies :).

No comments:

Post a Comment