Thursday, August 18, 2011

summer fades


Oh summer you were beautiful. I unceremoniously took down our summer to do list today. School started Monday so I knew it was time, but I couldn't bring myself to do it until today. Good-bye unstructured summer of fun, of campfires and sleeping beneath the trees (in a camper :)), of one lemonade stand, many library trips, attempting to grow a garden (I found out I love basil!), of sand in places it should not be, of wet and salty but happy children playing in the waves, of shrieking in the pool,of VBS, of sleeping in 'til 8, of Baby's 1st birthday, of endless possibilities. We lived summer long and sweet, and now I'm happy to be moving on to a new season of crisp air (sometime soon please), structure, and kids asleep by 8 (hallelujah!). The kids love their teachers (as do I) and seeing friends again, so for this moment all is right in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment