Saturday, June 18, 2011

camping





This week we went camping. Camping!!! Now I've gotten pretty good at the faux camping-blankets draped over chairs and maybe a fire in the fireplace or a fake one made of whatever is available (rolled up construction paper anyone?). The real camping is everything I hoped for all the reasons you can imagine. I loved watching the kids having a real adventure. I loved that when we went to the cascades to swim they were a little scared to get in and settled on wading around the waters and throwing rocks until their dad showed them what to do. Then they were soaked head to toe, jumping, sliding, and splashing with the biggest smiles possible. I think my favorite part was when we were all sitting around the campfire and Ben drew a picture for Michael of him sitting by the fire and saying "ahhhh". Yes, it was a much needed getaway. I thought for a minute the campfire smell would be permanently infused in our hair and skin, and it felt really good. Happy weekend and happy Father's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment