Sunday, May 22, 2011

growing up




When I was really young I can remember thinking that I just could.not.wait to grow up. Then I hit twelve/thirteen and started getting a little freedom. I felt like life was REALLY beginning, then started driving, dating, then whoosh got married, and whoosh somehow I have three children of my own and am a for real adult. I know that if my very young self could see myself now she would think wait I don't mean that old. Ha- you know that song "Strawberry Wine" with the line "when thirty was old". Not that I think thirty is old by any means but I'm saying all this to say that I've been reflecting the last week on how high school seems like yesterday and now I'm seeing my old friends and realizing how very grown up we are (despite how sometimes act when we're together) and how fun it is seeing everyone morph into their adult selves. Really its beautiful, and I love how we've settled into our real selves, and that everyone is different. Even those of us who are moms are doing things differently and using our time in different ways outside of the mom role. I love getting to know my old friends in a new way...
This brings me to my visit with my old roommate Coco last week who she just opened a salon in town. I love it. It's so relaxing, and she basically had to kick me out b/c it felt like an oasis from real life. All the fun smells, colors, furniture had me exploring around like Curious George. I was seriously filled with a childlike wonder as if I am never let out of the house, and now I'm a bit embarrassed about that. I drank coffee like I had never had it before. I opened essential oils and sniffed around to find the best one. You get the picture, but just in case you don't here are a few that I took that day.

No comments:

Post a Comment