Tuesday, May 3, 2011

the baby sleeps tonight




Ohh eeeeee the baby sleeps tonight. Ohh eeee okay sorry this is really false advertising because Hallie is sleeping like she has for months and months which means she wakes up somewhere between 2 and 5 and I take her to our bed where we blissfully curl up together and I feed her for about 5 mins. before she falls asleep and I do also with my last conscious thought being "I should really put her back in her crib now". Then she always attacks her poor dad at some point. This morning I found them curled up together except in a strange way that involved her feet being in his face and him being pushed almost off the bed. The doctor said I should let her cry it out at night, but you know that doctor has a 13 yr. old daughter and I don't think she remembers what its like to let them cry it out b/c it is straight misery. I tried really hard last night to let her just put herself to bed, but after ten minutes I felt like I was going to literally pull my hair out or maybe someone else's or worse...way worse. So I did what I think any mother has the natural instinct to do and held her and rocked her and ran my hands through her short hair until she surrendered to sleep ten (much more peaceful) minutes later. I don't think I like my doctor. Anyway, I took this photo of her yesterday during a nap. Ohh I love it when she sleeps these days. I really can't get much done when she's awake and it seems my entire energy goes to feeding her and keeping her away from choking hazards (as in legos, Nerf darts, puppy in my pocket...). I am so happy when she falls asleep and I can do something crazy like get the dishes AND laundry done or take a shower without hearing screaming from her crib or worrying what she has her hands on now. The good news is that she will occupy herself for a short time in her room at her little kitchen now- mainly sucking on pretend fruits and veggies and banging them together. That's where she is now in fact.
Okay so on to the other photo. Its teacher appreciation week and thanks to Family Fun I got the idea to make these paper tea cups by drawing the shape of a tea cup on some cute paper and cutting out two of them, glue together sides, and place packages tea bag inside, then glue ribbon inside with a tag glued to the other side of the ribbon that says "You're a great TEA-cher!". Also, if you haven't read this retelling of Cinderella by Cynthia Rylant you should find it. I adore this book! She has written many children's books and really has a way with words. It had me at the first page....
This is a story about darkness and light, about sorrow and joy, about something lost and something found. This is a story about Love. I think that quote should proceed the Bible.

No comments:

Post a Comment