Saturday, January 29, 2011

capture every thought

This was the entry today for Jesus Calling for kids. I love this book for Natalie's age. The devotions are short and to the point. I would say this is great for a kids short attention span but to be honest its perfect for my current attention span also. Annnd the cover has a super cute little vintage looking fun bird on the cover. I do, BTW, literally judge a book by its cover. Anyway, I highly recommend.
So on to today "We capture every thought and make it give up and obey Christ." 2 Cor. 10:5
Okay so I have previously not liked this verse so much b/c I found it always making me feel guilty that all my thoughts weren't....holy. Okay that's not the right word of course I don't expect all my thoughts to be holy and neither does God. I guess this verse I felt put pressure on me to always be thinking the right thing and that time I spent letting my mind wander was wasteful, unfruitful, basically not okay. However, this says... Today, let your goal be to capture every thought and bring it to Me. Wherever your mind wanders, lasso those thoughts and show them to Me. Having anxious thoughts? They shrivel up and disappear when My Light shines on them. Having confused thoughts? My Peace will untangle them. Starting to think you're better than someone else? My unconditional Love will help you see that I love all MY children, and so should you. Keep your thoughts focused on Me so that you can enjoy My Peace.
Ahh so that for me is beautiful. And why I love that I have a personal relationship with God- the God. It's so true. When I'm having my doubting moments, like in my previous blog, I give my thoughts to Him (along with my burdens and everything else) and He gives me what I need....every time. I have tears in my eyes thinking about it now. It's amazing.
Okay now to clean all the baby spit up off me and make M's b-day cake.
And just this time I'm going to end like my favorite blogger....
Grace and Peace
Andrea

2 comments:

  1. Great Post! I needed some encouragement, it's been a rough day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Nikki! Yes, I think I've had several of those lately! :)

    ReplyDelete