Tuesday, October 12, 2010

chicken pot pie

I need to post this fast, but really wanted to share this recipe....
http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Chicken-Pot-Pie-with-Cheddar-Crust/Detail.aspx or you can search cheddar pot pie on allrecipes.com
I had no idea you can make your own cream of chicken- I can make my OWN cream of chicken and not have to use the nasty yellow stuff in the can (although this is very convenient and prob. will do again at some point BUT I have the option now). I used rotisserie chicken so make note you need chicken broth. Also, I used extra carrots and peas and no potatoes. It is a.maz.ing so rich and creamy, but a bit high in calories so I'll make it as a special dinner every now and then. Trust me it smells and looks so wonderful. Sorry no time for a pic. Love it! Bon appetit..

No comments:

Post a Comment