Tuesday, July 6, 2010

summer days

I can't believe how much my kids are growing up! We spent this past weekend with Michael's extended family(aunts, uncles, cousins, grandmother) as we usually do on July 4th. Since I've been married I look forward to the Fourth more than any other holiday. I love those few days of sun and fun, lots of food, catching up with everyone, and fireworks of course. This year I was pleasantly surprised to find my kids suddenly enjoying the lake as much as I usually do. I mean these are the same kids that were too afraid to ride the jet ski with M on Father's Day, so this is quite a change! Benjamin and Natalie were both tubing, and Ben was hitting some pretty rough waves (for his size) and loving every minute. He was hanging on with his little tiny arms like a trooper. :) Ben loved being with the big boys and calling all of them Bro. As in "S'up Bro". Natalie spent the entire Sunday with Madeline(her cousin that is 13), and she was begging to spend this week with her too. They are planning on doing cousin camp at the end of the week.
In other news we found a house and have a contract on it. We're prob. going to close July 23rd. M and I went to the hospital yesterday to pre-register. I very much wanted to stay there and get this baby out! I can't believe how these past few weeks have affected my body. Her weight is reeeaally bearing down on me, and I am having a hard time finding a comfortable position. I have to keep reminding me it's just a few more weeks. sigh

No comments:

Post a Comment