Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Tuesdays unwrapped


I didn't know it when I posted last Tuesday but I had a surprise waiting for me that afternoon. Natalie learned to ride her two wheel bike! This may not seem too exciting, but for us it is HUGE! We got her that bike for Christmas last year since her My Little Pony bike was way too small (as in she looked like one of those clowns at the circus riding tiny bikes). She was more frustrated with our gift than happy, so I've been feeling sort of bad for the past oh ten months that her main Christmas gift has been a source of such discontent for her. We did try to help her learn, but she would get frustrated with trying and go back to the little pony bike. Learning to ride her bike has been the subject of stories she wrote for school, journaling, and her prayers. Like walking and learning to swim I think it's something that you work at and then one day it all just comes together. So now you can maybe see why we were so excited when, after practicing with Michael's mom all afternoon, she finally got the feel for a two-wheeler. Really, I almost cried. So now she can't wait to come home from school and jump on that bike. She rides all around the yard, in the empty cul-de-sac next to us, and yesterday she rode all the way to the park. Hurray!
I also had a really great date night with M last Tuesday night, and that is a huge gift (esp. here where babysitters are scarce)! We had a dinner at B. Christopher and went to see Couples Retreat, and the whole time we marveled that we were really alone.
Yep, that was a good day and there have been lots of smaller gifts to unwrap in the days since. In this house taking off the sheets is the cue for jumping on the bed for some reason. So yesterday Benjamin, of course, hopped on the bed before I even got the sheets to the washer, but this time instead of asking him to get off the bed after his little jumping session I decided to jump in with him. I highly suggest it! There was also one more HUGE gift this week. For those of you who know the story about my sister's wedding band, it was found this week (one year and three months after the wedding) in the laundry room of their apt.!! That is such a God thing to me, and something I will be praising Him for forever!

No comments:

Post a Comment