Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Tuesdays unwrapped

This morning I got an e-mail from my MOPS leader with this challenge: Each Tuesday, a small community of women write a post on their blogs to celebrate the beauty of life in the midst of the chaos. The girl in the e-mail posted a picture of a big pile of pink laundry thanking God that this laundry mean two healthy girls live in her house. I don't usually subscribe to things that put pressure on me to do things on a certain day like this, but I like the idea. I've noticed when I give thanks any worries or complaints I have for the day seem smaller and sometimes disappear completely. Sooo I'm going to give it a go.
This morning I woke up to a clear, beautiful November day. There is a small pile of dishes in the kitchen meaning, of course, that we have plenty of food. My favorite Spin class is this morning, so right now I can't get past my excitement of that but I'm looking forward to finding more things to give thanks for as the day goes on.
Give yourself permission to take the time to unwrap the small, secret gifts of the everyday; to see the moments that may have otherwise disappeared under the pile of daily tasks. What is real and true this day? Discover and receive it with thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment