Monday, November 2, 2009

I'm tired




I feel a little silly saying I'm tired since the past two weeks have mainly been spent at home doing not too much. Maybe I should say I'm tired of sameness or kids or something, but the whole thing has made just...really tired. Benjamin got sick first. It started with a middle of the night cuddle that turned into a mild panic when I realized he felt like an oven. It wasn't the much dreaded flu, but still no trips out of the house for us. Then Natalie got the same thing the next week, so I finally got out of the house last Thurs. for a really good workout. But then no school Friday, and M left midday with Benjamin for Knoxville. So Natalie and I thought it would be fun to have her friend spend the night. Bad decision. I woke up at 6 am and found all the lights on in the house and TVs on. They woke up at 4 a.m. (4 a.m.!!!!). Real fun since we had to spend the whole day on the farm with the girl scouts. The farm actually was really fun- hayrides, hay maze, pumpkin picking right off the vine, soybean picking to feed to goats, pumpkin painting, corn jumping (I don't have the energy to explain), and even cotton picking. Of course by the end of the day N was quite tired and near tears. I was near tears by the end of the 45 min. drive home, with 5 screaming girl scouts in the back. We were home by 4, then bath, dinner, and she fell asleep around 5:30. I tried to wake her up to trick or treat, but it was a no go. Well, lesson learned. Sunday brought me teaching N's Sunday school class, a trip to the store, and then a little time to spare before M and B came home with M's parents. Thankfully, God knows I need a rest, and M's mom is here to help me out this week. AND M and I get to go on a date night or two this week! I have a feeling I'll be me again very soon (yay)!

No comments:

Post a Comment